Lake Country CCS Dual Action 6.5 Inch Foam Pads New and Improved!
- 6.5 inch pads work with all 6 inch dual action polishers.
- CCS Technology reduces product waste.
- Hook and loop fasteners make pad changes quick and easy.
CCS stands for Collapsed Cell Structure. CCS Technology is Lake Country’s innovative pad design that saves product by controlling product release onto the work surface. Dozens of dimples in the foam collect excess polish and reserve it until it is needed on the pad’s face (the area that is in contact with the paint). This design prolongs your working time and reduces product waste.
Slows rate of polish absorption – As discussed above, the pads are slow to absorb products and therefore the paint benefits from a longer working time. The same is true of liquid waxes and sealants.
Improves operator control – CCS pockets gradually release polish as needed by the operator. Since these areas are not absorbing polish, they serve as little reservoirs until the excess polish is needed.
Prevents pad skipping – CCS pockets reduce surface tension allowing the operator to run pad flat on a working surface. Basically, the CCS pockets break up the smooth surface of the foam to eliminate the sticking and skipping that occurs when two perfectly flat surfaces meet.
Creates less heat – CCS pockets provide several points where the foam is not completely touching the paint. This reduces friction and therefore heat generated between the pad and the paint.
OEM approved - OEM tests confirm CCS pads out-perform convoluted pad designs.
Each CCS Pad measures 7/8" of an inch thick, perfect for even distribution of heat and product. The CCS Pad's tapered edge was designed to optimize performance, regardless of the type of machine used. The CCS 5.5 inch Foam Pads are a perfect fit on dual action polishers and orbital air sanders with a 5 inch backing plate.
The Lake Country CCS Pads feature a "Simple 6" idea. This easy to understand system keeps your pad colors and uses consistent throughout the CCS and Flat Lake Country Pads. Lake Country CCS Dual Action 5.5 Inch Foam Pads are available in these foam compositions:
- Yellow Cutting 6.5 inch Foam Pad - Use this pad to apply compounds or polishes to remove severe oxidation, swirls, and scratches. It is the most aggressive and should only be used on oxidized and older finishes. Always follow this pad with an orange or white pad and a fine polish to refine the paint until it is smooth.
- Orange Light Cutting 6.5 inch Foam Pad - Firm, high density foam for scratch and defect removal. Use this pad with polishes and swirl removers. It’s an all around pad that will work on most light to moderate imperfections.
- Pink Cutting/Polishing 6.5" Foam Pad - This foam is of medium density with the ability to level very fine scratches and very light oxidation. Use light swirl removers with this pad. Coarse Green has been replaced with Pink
- White Heavy Polishing 6.5 inch Foam Pad - Less dense foam formula for the application of waxes, micro-fine polishes and sealants. This pad has very light cutting power so its perfect for pre-wax cleaners.
- Green Polishing/AIO 6.5 inch Foam Pad - Use this foam to apply one-step cleaner waxes. It is a balance of polishing and finishing that is perfect for all-in-one product application.
- Blue Light Polishing 6.5 inch Foam Pad – This pad is not as dense as the green polishing pad and provides little cutting ability. Generally used to polish to perfect, this pad will leave a high shine on the surface. Perfect for use with a finishing glaze, last-step polish, and some all-in-one cleaner polishes.
- Black Finishing 6.5 inch Foam Pad - Composition is firm enough to withstand added pressure during final finishing to remove buffer swirls. It has no cut and will apply thin, even coats of waxes, sealants, and glazes.